- Be sure you have an ISU NetID. If you do not, please visit Passwords and Accounts.
- Login to Blackboard with your ISU NetID and password and look for your course. Not all courses at Iowa State use Blackboard. If you think your course is supposed to have a Blackboard presence, and you don’t see it in your list of courses (after you login to Blackboard), contact your instructor.
Basic Troubleshooting (if Blackboard is not working)
- Username / Password not working?
- Your Username (ISU NetID) and Password for Blackboard are the same as those for your ISU email account.
- For help with Username and Password, please visit Passwords and Accounts or contact the Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or email@example.com.
- If your username begins with a “w.” contact your course instructor.
- If you get an error message, check for Browser and Java Issues on your computer.
- If you are unable to access course content or activities (e.g. Tests, Discussions, Assignments, etc.), contact your Instructor.
- Contact the Solution Center at 515-294-4000 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
General Help with Blackboard
Blackboard Inc. Help for Students includes FAQs and searchable comprehensive Step-by-step Instructions.
Blackboard YouTube Videos can provide you with step-by-step instructions.
Video Tutorials at Lynda.com
Lynda.com provides several dozen brief video clips to help students and instructors get up-to-speed in all of the most frequently used tools, features, and functions of Blackboard.
To access the tutorials and files, simply login to Lynda.com with your Iowa State University NetID and password. Once you are on the Lynda.com site, look under the Software menu and select Blackboard.