Blackboard went offline around 9:45 a.m., March 13, 2013
IT staff are aware of the problem and are working to get the system back up as soon as possible.
Blackboard shutdowns for system upgrades or fixes
Visit the Critical Event Log
website for complete information.
- Blackboard system unavailable Saturday, August 8 from 5:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m.
Blackboard will be offline for approximately 5.5 hours Saturday, August 8 from 5:30 a.m. to 11:00 a.m. for system updates.
Regularly scheduled shutdowns
- The Blackboard servers will be offline for maintenance every Saturday, from 6:00 a.m. to approximately 6:30 a.m. (U.S. Central time).
To Report an Outage
If your attempt to access Blackboard redirects you to this page or to a page that says “Blackboard is currently unavailable,” and no explanation is provided in any of the boxes above . . .
- Please call the Solution Center during their open hours at 515-294-4000. (Hours are listed on the Solution Center web page.)
- During non-business hours for the Solution Center, call 515-294-2256, press 2, to speak to a machine room operator.
- Once IT staff are aware of a problem, it will be posted on the Critical Event Log.